Monday, July 26, 2004

morning coffee

There should be something satisfying about getting up in time to relax over a cup of coffee and some breakfast before going in to work. And yet, somehow I'm not taking advantage of the satisfaction. Instead, I'm checking the time every few minutes thinking, "hey, I could get to work early for a change..."  
  
But I know I'm not going to actually do that, so instead, I'm here, spending 45 minutes feeling guilty about being unwilling to drive in a moment before I absolutely have to. In fact, I will probably put it off so long, get involved in some other morning activity, like depressing myself with the news, that I'll be a few minutes late. As usual. 

This is the story of my life. Intentions and guilt.
 
Presumably I'm not alone. I'm sure you understand...  

No comments: