Friday, July 30, 2004

more junk

Today I woke up to junk mail from the W himself. Ick. The temptation to rewrite was strong, since yesterday's Cheney mail was so damn fun, but I couldn't make it all the way through W's original without wanting to just vomit.

So, instead I read a few good editorials from Paul Krugman
from the NYT, Ron Reagan in a piece in Esquire, and some guy I don't regularly read in the UK's Guardian. (speaking of vomit...) [ed. note: Just to clarify - I do not relate the Guardian directly to vomit. It's just that the article suggests that maybe letting Bush win so that he can "clean up his own vomit" might be a good idea. Personally, I think like any alcoholic, Bush would look at his own metaphysical vomit (i.e., the state of the country/world/economy/etc.) and turn around and order another drink, so I'm not in complete agreement with the author of the vomit article, but it was something to think about...]


No comments: