Monday, July 11, 2005

this or that

I don't seem to do anything in moderation. I haven't written in here in MONTHS, haven't been able to write at all, in fact, but suddenly, after 2 cups of coffee and an inability to sleep, every draft post I've picked up I've finished. My only explanation goes back to the introversion thing, now several posts back. I guess I've just let myself get locked up in this lethargy of background processing. It's like the fortune cookie I got years ago (and sealed in a couple of layers of scotch tape and transported from office to office as if my life depended on it, but can now no longer find... sniff...):

"If nothing is pressing, putter around at this or that."

Without the stimulus of excessive work, my brain has just been puttering around, being inefficient at everything, and costing me actual enthusiasm and creativity. I have needed to break the cycle. To just hit the send button and stop overthinking every word I put on paper and let leave my mouth.

So, having cranked out 4 posts in one 2.5 hour period (though I have edited the post times to make it look like it took a 1/2 day because I don't want people to think I'm manic) I have decided that my muse is best taken strong and with a little skim milk.

No comments: