Tuesday, November 22, 2005

technology overkill

That's it. I quit. I refuse to participate in a society that produces a toothbrush with an onboard computer chip. It's DENTAL FREAKIN' HYGIENE FOLKS! It's not rocket science!!! The hardest part of dental hygiene is remembering how to spell "hygiene" for gods sake!

Brush. Up down up down up down. Don't forget the teeth in back. Floss. Use toothpaste with fluoride. (Especially now that we drink bottled water...) When your toothbrush bristles look more like a troll doll than a toothbrush, buy a new one. End of story.


What in that list could possibly require a computer?

Next thing you know they'll be putting batteries into four-bladed disposable razors...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Without intending to take anything away from the awesome humor of your post, I find my electric toothbrush incredibly useful. Not only does it do a much more effective job of brushing than my puny hand motions ever achieved, but it's got a built-in timer that keeps me on the job an appropriate amount of time as opposed to how my lazy butt would often rationalize it was time to stop way to early.
-- Andy

xiki said...

I'm not sure there's an "appropriate amount of time" for that either, and there is definitely no rationalization about stopping "way too early."

But, I'm totally with you on the "much more effective" part.

bzzz...